An application has been made by:
WAVERLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL THE WAVERLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL
(OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2020
NOTICE OF MAKING
The Waverley Borough Council gives notice of the making of the Waverley Borough Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2020 under Sections 35(1) and (3) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to control the use of the parking places named in the Schedule to this notice. The class of vehicles, the days and times of operation, the maximum period for waiting and the scale of charges proposed for each parking place were set out in the Notice of Proposal published on 6 August 2020.
The Order is required for the purpose of accommodating:
• Various amendments to the text and grammar of the order to provide greater clarity of the requirements of the order.
• The consolidation of the Waverley Borough Council (Off Street Parking Places) Amendment Order No 1 2018 into the main order.
• Amendments to the plan for Snoxhall Fields to include the access road in the order to prevent indiscriminate parking and obstruction.
• Amendments to the plan for Haslemere Leisure Centre to include the access road in the order to prevent indiscriminate parking and obstruction.
• The inclusion of the parking areas at Frensham Great Pond and common in the Order.
• The introduction of additional requirements in respect of the use of designated electric vehicle charging bays.
The new Order does not make any changes to the current car park tariffs.
The Order specifies the conditions under which the parking places may be used and revokes the Waverley Borough Council (Off-Street Parking Places Order) 2017 and the Waverley Borough Council (Off Street Parking Places) Amendment Order No 1, 2018. The changes are set out in the Order which, together with the maps showing the location of those parking places may be viewed online at www.waverley.gov.uk/parking or can be provided upon request in writing.
General enquiries relating to the proposals should be made to the address below.
The Order comes into effect on 20 November 2020.
If anyone wishes to question the validity of the Order or the procedures used in its making they may apply to the High Court within a period of 6 weeks from the date of this Notice.
Head of Environmental & Regulatory Services Waverley Borough Council
Godalming GU7 1HR
29 October 2020
Have Your Say
You can post a comment onto this website below or contact waverely direct.