An application has been made by:
SURREY COUCNTY COUNCIL
Various Roads in Frensham and Churt (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 2020
On 7 October 2020 Surrey County Council made the above-mentioned Temporary Order under Section 14(1) and (7) of the Road Traffic
Regulation Act 1984. The effect of which is to temporarily:-
(1) Prohibit all vehicles from entering or proceeding along the lengths of roads in the First Schedule to this Notice. Advanced warning signs will be displayed, and the temporary closures will only operate when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Access for pedestrians will be maintained at all times as will vehicular access for residents and emergency service vehicles in an emergency situation. (2) Prohibitwaitingbyvehicles,atanytime,inthelengthsofroadsin the Second Schedule to this Notice. The temporary waiting restrictions will only apply when the relevant traffic signs are in place. Exemptions are provided in respect of the said waiting restrictions, such as to permit vehicles to wait in order to pick up and set down passengers or to load and unload goods, where necessary to carry out essential services and works or when used by local authorities in pursuance of statutory powers or duties and for furniture removals and Post Office vehicles; vehicles when waiting because the driver is required by law to stop, are obliged to stop in order to prevent an accident or are prevented from proceeding because of circumstances outside the driver’s control; and in respect of anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or of a civil enforcement officer. No exemption shall apply for blue badge holders. (3) Suspend the restriction on waiting in Bacon Lane, Frensham, imposed by The Bacon Lane (C27) Frensham in the Borough of Waverley (24-Hour Main Carriageway Clearway) Order 2013.
The Temporary Traffic Order is required because of the likelihood of danger to the public, caused by obstructive parking, and the temporary closures are required to allow he installation of the relevant road markings for the temporary waiting restrictions. The Order will commence on 12 October 2020 and continue for a period of 18 months.
Prohibition of Traffic
Reeds Road and Tilford Road)
(2) GrangeRoad(D111)Tilford,theentirelength(diversionasabove) (3) BaconLane(C27)FrenshamfromitsjunctionwithFrenshamRoad to its junction with Bacon Lane (diversion via Pond Lane and A287) (4) Pond Lane (D688) Churt, the entire length (diversion via Bacon Lane and A287).
No waiting at any time
(1) FrenshamRoad,Frensham/FarnhamRoad,Churt,(A287),bothsides (a) From a point 15m north of its junction with Priory Lane southwards up to the northernmost extent of the existing ‘no waiting at any time’ restriction by Frensham Common (excluding the layby parking area by
the war memorial, located on the eastern side of the A287
(b) From the southernmost extent of the existing ‘no waiting at any time’ restriction by Frensham Common, southwards up to the entrance to ‘The Chase’.
(2) PrioryLane(D112)Frensham,bothsides,fromitsjunctionwith Frensham Road to the western building line of Riverside House
(4) Bacon Lane (C27) Frensham, both sides, from its junction with Frensham Road southwards up the county boundary line (excluding the layby parking area located to the north of Pond Lane on the western side and excluding the full extent of the Frensham Pond Hotel car park also located on the western side).
(a) both sides from the vehicular entrance to The Rookery eastwards to the junction with the north-west and south east legs of the road and on to a point 10m into the south side of the south-east leg of The Street and 10m into the south side of the north-east leg of The Street, continuing on the north side to the junction with Frensham Road
(b) south side of the north-east leg from its junction with Frensham Road westwards for 15m
(c) northern side of the south-east leg for the entire length
Various Roads in Farnham (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) (No. 3) Order 2020
Surrey County Council propose to make the above-mentioned Temporary Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The effect of which is to temporarily prohibit all vehicles from entering or proceeding along the lengths of roads in the First Schedule to this Notice. The Order is required to facilitate major maintenance and carriageway resurfacing works on behalf of Surrey County Council. These works are anticipated to be carried out in stages between 8pm and 6am weekdays, during the 18-month period of operation of this Order, which commences on 26 October 2020. Advanced warning signs will be displayed, and the temporary closures will only operate when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Access for pedestrians will be maintained at all times as will vehicular access for residents (under the direction of a banksman) and emergency service vehicles in an emergency situation. All other traffic will use the alternative routes specified in the Second Schedule
to this Notice.
First Schedule Prohibition of Traffic
(2) Runfold Diversion, Farnham to Tongham – westbound from the Shepherd & Flock roundabout to a point 2970m eastwards;
(3) Runfold Diversion, Farnham – eastbound from the Shepherd & Flock roundabout to a point 400m eastwards;
(5) Farnham By-Pass eastbound, Farnham – from the Shepherd & Flock roundabout for a distance of 1250m westwards;
(6) Farnham By-Pass westbound, Farnham – from the Shepherd & Flock roundabout for a distance of 1260m westwards;
(7) Farnborough Road (A325) – southbound from the Shepherd & Flock roundabout northwards for 80m;
(8) South Street (B3001) eastbound slip road, Farnham – the entire length.
(1) A31 westbound – Blackwater Valley Road, Lynchford Road, Farnborough Road, Hale Road, East Street, Dogflud Way, East Street,
South Street and Farnham By-Pass;
(2) A31eastbound–SouthStreet,UnionRoad,DowningStreet,The Borough, Woolmead, East Street, Hale Road, Farnborough Road, Lynchford Road, Blackwater Valley Road and Runfold Diversion;
(3) A325FarnboroughRoad–HaleRoad,EastStreet,DogfludWay, East Street, South Street, Farnham By-Pass and Shepherd & Flock Roundabout;
(5) From C119 Guildford Road Runfold slip Road on to A31 – Guildford Road, C119 Hog’s Back, The Street, A3014 and A31 Runfold Diversion, then follow diversion (1) above.
Dated: 08 October 2020
Authorising Officer: R Bolton,
Local Highway Services Group Manager
Enquiries to:- Traffic Regulation Orders
Team, Highways, Hazel House,
Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ.
Tel: 0300 200 1003. www.surreycc.gov.uk/ roads-and-transport/policies-plans-
Have Your Say
You can post a comment onto this website below or contact Surrey County Council direct.